What is the Hip Replacement Recall And How Does It Affect Oklahomans?
If you have had a hip replacement procedure, you may be entitled to a second “revision” surgery and costs for pain and suffering due to a defective medical device.
Beginning in 2005, Johnson & Johnson distributed its DePuy ASR XL Acetabular System. This was a metal-on-metal device used to restore mobility in patients. But, by 2010, the company issued a recall after 1 out of every 8 patients reported defects with the device.
Did You Know …
- More than 270,000 people in the United States go through hip replacement surgery every year.
- The surgery is recommended to relieve pain and stiffness and restore mobility.
- When medication and physical therapy fail to help, total hip replacement is the next best option.
- Complications from a hip replacement system may include increased metal ion levels in the blood, bone staining, swelling, nerve damage, tissue damage and muscle damage.
Why Do I Need to Know About the DePuy Hip Replacement Recall?
If you or someone you know received a DePuy Hip Replacement device, you need an Oklahoma lawyer who can fight for benefits for you. You likely need to undergo a second “revision” surgery to correct the first. Chances are, you’re still paying medical bills for your first surgery. How are you going to pay for another? How much more time off work can you afford to take?
We are also helping patients who were given the Stryker Rejuvenate hip replacement device and the Zimmer hip replacement device.
At Vassar Law Firm, Attorney Peter J. Ram understands your concerns. He knows it’s been tough for you and you deserve better. You can trust his years of experience in taking manufacturers of defective medical products to court and getting his clients the compensation they deserve for their pain and suffering.
Here’s Why Hurt Oklahomans Trust Vassar Law Firm:
- You pay no money up front and nothing until we win your case for you.
- We have 40 years of experience in the Oklahoma courts.
- We will travel statewide to meet with you and listen to your story.
- We have a proven record of big results for our clients.
- We have a generations-long reputation for treating our clients with respect and dignity.
If you received a faulty hip replacement device like the DePuy ASR system, Stryker Rejuvenate or Zimmer model, call us today at 800-522-9443 or fill out our quick free consultation form on this page.
Your initial consultation with us is always free. So what do you have to lose? Call us today.